So firstly, let me just give you the recipe:
200 gm Butter
50 gm Shortening
160 gm Sugar
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
150 gm Ground hazelnut (you can also use ground almonds)
260 gm Flour
100 gm Corn flour
And for the decoration/presentation:
250 gm White Chocolate
30 gm Cocoa butter/shortening
Here's how you make it:
- Preheat oven at 170c
- Mix butter, shortening and sugar until soft.
- Add in egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing
- Add in ground hazelnut, flour and corn flour and mix until it becomes a nice even dough.
- You can just roll them into balls or like what we did, add toasted hazelnut in the middle and roll them.
- Place them on a buttered baking tray and bake in heated oven for 20 minutes.
7. Next, after cooling them, place in paper cups (it's suppose to look more golden brown than this).