(image credits: google)
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Oh! and thanks to maksu for mentioning our blog on her blog.. Thanks!
Monday, October 5, 2009
RED VELVET CAKE
2 1/2 cups (250 grams) sifted cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons (15 grams) Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (300 grams) granulated white sugar (castor sugar lah)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup (240 ml) buttermilk (kalau takde, boleh buat sendiri. click here)
2 tablespoons liquid red food coloring
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
My recipe is colour coded so that its easy for you to see the steps and what goes together. So heres how you make it:
- Preheat oven at 175c.
- Sift blue items together in a mixing bowl and set aside
- Next comes the orange part. In a mixer, beat butter until soft. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Scrape sides of bowl. Then add vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Next, in a separate bowl, whisk red items.
- In mixer (with the orange mixture), alternately add the blue and red mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the blue or flour mixture.
- Lastly, combine green items together. Allow it to fizz for a while before quickly FOLDING it into the cake batter.
- Butter a 9 inch pan and line the bottom with baking paper. pour the cake mix into the pan and bake in preheahted oven for 25-30mins. Maybe longer if you use the normal burner type of oven instead of a convection oven like i do.
How to make cream cheese frosting: Mix 250g of cream cheese with 5 tbsp butter, 2 tsp vanilla, and gradually add 2 cups of icing sugar. lesser sugar if you don't like it too sweet.
P.S: Share the love by giving a piece of the cake to others! I gave a piece to my maksu and my maklong =)